EZ ANCHOR SOCKET (CORE-DRILL / GROUTLESS)
EZ ANCHOR SOCKET (Groutless / Core Drill)
Recommended installation for:
Rails, ladders, safety railings, posts, stanchions, umbrellas, flagpoles, volleyball net posts, etc… that have 1.9” OD mounting posts that need to be removable (i.e., for winterizing or storage).
The EZ Anchor Socket installs without grout, but it still requires a 3” diameter hole to be drilled to a depth of 4”.
- Core-drilling requires specialized tools.
- Professional installation is recommended. (Not for the average “do-it-yourselfer”).
- Rails and ladders will only be as secure as the supporting foundation. Before installing, make sure the mounting surface is suitably rigid and strong.
- Avoid scratches. Keep rails or ladders in box until ready to install. Don’t place on bare ground.
Tools & Materials Required:
- Core Drill
- 3” Diameter Core Bit
- Tape Measure & Pencil or Marker
- Medium Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Measure and mark the CENTER of the desired mounting location of each rail or ladder post. This will be the CENTER of your core hole. (Unlike traditional Anchor Sockets, the center of the EZ Anchor Socket is also the center of the installed post).
IMPORTANT: WHEN INSTALLING LADDERS, THE HORIZONTAL DISTANCE FROM THE POOL WALL FACE (NOT THE COPING) TO THE CENTER OF THE MOUNTING POST MUST BE CORRECT TO ENSURE A SECURE FIT. REFER TO DIMENSION DRAWINGS FOR YOUR MODEL OF RAIL OR LADDER ON THIS WEB SITE TO DETERMINE THE REQUIRED DISTANCE.
2. Drill a 3” diameter core in concrete to a depth of 4” for each anchor socket.
VERY IMPORTANT: THE ANGLE OF THE DRILLED HOLE WILL DETERMINE THE ANGLE OF THE INSTALLED LADDER OR RAIL. BE SURE TO DRILL STRAIGHT. USE A DRILL WITH A BUBBLE LEVEL. A CROOKED HOLE WILL RESULT IN A CROOKED RAIL OR LADDER.
3. OPTIONAL: IF INSTALLING STEEL RAILS THAT REQUIRE GROUNDING (Saftron Rails are non-conductive and do not require Grounding/Bonding): Attach grounding/bonding wire to grounding terminal on underside of the anchor socket between washers, then tighten the screw.
4. Insert Anchor Socket(s) in cored holes, slide escutcheons onto posts and slide posts into anchor sockets until fully seated in the cavity. (If necessary, loosen bolts on anchor socket to increase opening size before inserting post).
5. Making sure both outer halves of the Anchor Socket are at the same starting height, use a Philips head screwdriver to tighten both screws by turning clockwise. Alternate ½ a turn at a time on each bolt until both are tight, then lower the escutcheons to cover the anchor socket.
Rails can be cleaned and polished using a soft rag and household Soft Scrub®.
DO NOT USE ABRASIVES OR COMMERCIAL SOLVENTS.
TO REMOVE RAILS: Loosen both bolts by turning anti-clockwise then lift rail or ladder. Anchor socket can be removed the same way.