SAFTRON ANCH-1 ANCHOR SOCKET (CORE DRILL & GROUT)
|Recommended Installation method for: |
Rails, ladders, safety railings, posts, stanchions, umbrellas, flagpoles, volleyball net posts, etc., that have 1.9” OD mounting posts, and that need to be removable (i.e., for winterizing or storage).
Tools & Materials Required:- Core Drill
- 3” Diameter Core Bit
- 7-10,000 PSI Non-shrink Hydraulic Grout
- Mixing Bucket
- Cold Chisel
- Wood wedges
- Bubble Level
- Tape Measure, Markers, String-Line & Adhesive Tape
- Sponges, Rags, Water, Soft Scrub®
- Saftron P-JIG-L or P-JIG-RTD (Optional)
- ½ “ Wrench or Socket
1) Measure and mark desired location of rail or ladder posts.
2) Determine required location of Anchor Socket to achieve post location.
NOTE: CENTER OF ANCHOR SOCKET IS NOT CENTER OF POST. DRAWING BELOW SHOWS DIMENSIONS. PDF FILE DRAWING PRINTED ON 8” X 11” PAPER CAN BE PRINTED AND USED AS TEMPLATE.
IMPORTANT: WHEN INSTALLING LADDERS, THE HORIZONTAL DISTANCE FROM FACE OF POOL WALL TO MOUNTING POST MUST BE CORRECT TO ENSURE SECURE FIT. REFER TO DIMENSION DRAWINGS FOR YOUR MODEL OF RAIL OR LADDER ON THIS WEB SITE TO DETERMINE REQUIRED DISTANCE.
3) Drill TWO overlapping 3” diameter x 4” deep cores in concrete for each anchor socket location as shown on above template and as illustrated below. DO NOT MAKE HOLES LARGER THAN NECESSARY OR ESCUTCHEONS MAY NOT COVER ENTIRE GROUTED AREA.
4) Tape over hole in base cover of anchor socket.
5) Attach and firmly seat anchor socket(s) to Saftron P-JIG-L or P-JIG-RTD Jig, and tighten bolt (or use any other method to ensure proper alignment).
6) OPTIONAL: IF INSTALLING STEEL RAILS THAT REQUIRE GROUNDING (Saftron Rails are non-conductive and do not require Grounding/Bonding):
a) Attach brass grounding clip to torque bolt inside Anchor Socket.
b) Attach grounding/bonding wire to bolt below head
7) Place Anchor Socket(s) in grout holes. Re-check position and alignment. Secure in place with wood wedges.
8) Fill void around anchor socket(s) with grout.
9) Once grout has fully cured, remove jig, insert rail or ladder, and securely tighten fastening bolt.
DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
DO NOT USE RAIL UNTIL GROUT HAS FULLY CURED.
10) Rails can be cleaned and polished using a soft rag and household Soft Scrub®. DO NOT USE ABRASIVES OR COMMERCIAL SOLVENTS.